BRIEF-AES announces agreement to sell AES Sul in Brazil
June 16 (Reuters) - AES Corp :
* AES announces agreement to sell AES Sul in Brazil
* Entered into an agreement to sell its 100% equity interest in AES Sul, one of its utilities in brazil, to CPFL Energia S.A
* Deal for BRL1,698 million (equivalent to $464 million at expected BRL/USD conversion rate of 3.66 at time of closing)
* Sale was previously included in company's 2016 guidance and 2017-2018 expectations
* Transaction will remove a total of $335 million in non-recourse debt on AES' balance sheet as of March 31, 2016 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1-646-223-8780)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.