REFILE-BRIEF-Implats to cut capital spend, examining financing options
(Corrects spelling of "examining" in headline)
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd
* Strategic review
* Platinum group metal market fundamentals are sound over longer term, but overall prices are likely to remain "lower for longer"
* Will invest R30 billion across its operations over next five years.
* The strategic target for 2016 is to reduce planned capital spend by R2.2 billion to R4.5 billion
* Ultimately restore Zimplats to 6 million tonnes per annum and 260 000 platinum ounces per annum
* Impala Platinum sees rand/us$ exchange rate continuing to weaken, impacting rand PGM basket prices, but oversupply concerns may naturally cap rand basket prices in near term
* Currently examining a number of financing options
* May require additional funding in order to ensure long-term strategic intent remains intact Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom +91 806 749 1136)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.