BRIEF-BG Group revises format of financial disclosures
April 21 (Reuters) - BG Group Plc :
* Revises format of financial disclosures
* Revisions form part of an initiative that commenced in 2014 to further enhance, simplify and improve transparency
* Revisions reflect promotion of earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) and return on average capital employed (ROACE)
* They also reflect growing importance of Brazil and Australia on group's performance
* EBITDA will be given equal prominence to (EBIT) and together they will replace group's previous performance indicator total operating profit.
* New EBITDA margin metric, LNG shipping & marketing EBITDA margin per delivered tonne, will be reported within LNG shipping & marketing segment
* Provision of sales volumes will enable users to reconcile group's reported oil, liquid and gas price realisations which are derived from sold rather than produced volumes
* Disclosure of E&P 'sales volumes' by product will be introduced Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom; +44 207 542 1810)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.