BRIEF-Norsk Hydro: Pará port facilities may close for clean-up, operations currently unaffected
Oct 16 (Reuters) - Norsk Hydro Asa
* Says Pará port facilities may close for clean-up, operations currently unaffected
* Hydro's operations at the nearby Albras and Alunorte plants are so far unaffected
* Says any possible future closure of the port would not immediately impact Hydro's operations, however, a longer-term closure could eventually impact operations.
* Brazil's Federal and State Public Attorneys in Pará and the State Public Defender has requested that the Brazilian federal court halt activities at the Vila do Conde port to clean up after a ship, carrying cattle, capsized in the port on October 6
* Hydro uses the port to load and unload finished goods and certain raw materials for Alunorte and Albras
* Hydro is following the situation closely and is actively assisting authorities in dealing with the situation Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Stine Jacobsen)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.