BRIEF-Xtract says underground ops at Chepica gold and copper mine to restart on Dec. 29
Dec 29 (Reuters) - Xtract Resources Plc
* Two fatal accidents occurred on surface within gold processing plant at Chepica gold and copper mine in Chile on 24 December 2015
* After relevant authorities were notified of fatal accidents Inspector of Mines stopped all work on mine on 24 December 2015
* Underground mining operations will be allowed to recommence on 29 December 2015
* Fatal accidents occurred when an individual undertaking training at mine entered a restricted area without necessary safety equipment for unexplained reasons
* Inspector of Mines has now completed an investigation into fatal accidents and found that neither mine nor any of its workers were negligent Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.