BRIEF-Fitch affirms Rwanda at 'B+' outlook stable
May 27 (Reuters) - Fitch On Rwanda
* Fitch affirms Rwanda at 'B+'; outlook stable
* Forecasts deficit to widen to 16.5% in 2016, primarily due to purchase of two aircraft by national airline
* Country ceiling has been affirmed at 'B+' and short-term foreign currency IDR at 'B'
* Deficit is forecast to narrow slightly, and to improve to 11.7% in 2017 due to monetary and fiscal policy tightening
* Forecasts overall budget deficit for FY16 to remain flat at 5.0% of GDP narrowing to 3.6% in FY17 and 3.1% in FY18
* Forecasts GDP growth to moderate to 6.0% for 2016 and 2017
* Sharp reduction in donor flows would significantly impair Rwanda's credit profile Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: [ ] (Bengaluru Newsroom +91 80 6749-1130; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.