BRIEF-Brookfield Infrastructure Consortium to acquire South American Natural Gas Transmission Utility
Sept 23 (Reuters) - Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP
* Brookfield Infrastructure Consortium to acquire South American Natural Gas Transmission Utility
* Deal for approximately US$5.2 billion
* Petrobras, as a 10% owner in NTS, will have customary governance rights commensurate with size of its interest
* Will fund proportionate share of up-front payment from existing liquidity which totalled about US$2 billion at June 30, 2016
* Have reached agreement to acquire a 90% controlling stake in Nova Transportadora Do Sudeste S.A.
* Brookfield Infrastructure's investment will be a minimum of approximately 20% of transaction, representing about US$825 million
* Brookfield Asset Management has agreed to participate initially for an approximate 30% interest in consortium
* Purchase price payable in 2 tranches; up-front payment of us$4.3 billion on closing,balance payable on 5th anniversary of closing Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.