BRIEF-Banco Santander Rio to buy Citigroup's consumer business in Argentina
Oct 9 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc
* Citi announces sale of consumer business in Argentina to Banco Santander Rio
* Says has reached a definitive agreement to sell its consumer banking business in Argentina to Banco Santander Rio
* Says does not expect the financial terms of the transaction to be material to its earnings
* Sale involves about $1.4 billion in assets for Citi in Argentina includes credit cards, personal loans retail brokerage business
* Consumer banking operations in Argentina will continue to operate in ordinary course through transition to Banco Santander Rio Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.