US STOCKS-Wall St falls, Nasdaq tumbles below 50-day moving average
* Ukraine conflict continues; Russia seizes marine base
* Weak China data raises hopes for stimulus
* Nasdaq hit as Internet, biotech names tumble
* Herbalife rallies, Icahn to get more reps on board
* Indexes: Dow off 0.2 pct; S&P off 0.5 pct; Nasdaq off 1.2 pct (Updates to late afternoon trade)
By Angela Moon
NEW YORK, March 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell on Monday, with the Nasdaq marking its biggest daily percentage drop since early February, as some of the market's recent best performers like technology and biotech shares led the way down.
Concerns that the crisis in Ukraine could escalate pushed traders to drop some of the market's biggest trading favorites, taking the Nasdaq below its 50-day moving average in a sign of weakening near-term momentum.
Almost 80 percent of the stocks traded on the Nasdaq were lower, while about two-thirds of New York Stock Exchange-listed shares fell. Eight of the 10 S&P 500 sectors slid for the day. Continuación...