US STOCKS-Futures climb ahead of manufacturing data
* China manufacturing struggles in March but shows expansion
* ISM, Markit manufacturing on tap
* Medicines Co tumbles after court ruling
* Futures up: Dow 41 pts, S&P 4.5 pts, Nasdaq 8.75 pts
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, April 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures rose modestly on Tuesday, indicating the S&P 500 will climb for a third straight day, after the benchmark index closed its fifth straight quarter of gains and ahead of data on manufacturing.
* The S&P 500 rose 1.3 percent for the quarter, matching its longest quarterly winning streak since 2007, buoyed by gains Monday after Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen soothed concerns about an earlier-than-expected rate hike.
* Investors will look to data on the manufacturing sector for an indication of the economy's health after lackluster data earlier in the year was attributed to a harsh winter. The final Markit manufacturing PMI for March is due at 9:45 a.m. EDT (1345 GMT) and the Institute for Supply Management's manufacturing reading for March is due at 10:00 a.m. (1400 GMT).
* ISM is expected to show a reading of 54 versus the prior 53.2. The prior Markit reading came in at 55.5. Continuación...