US STOCKS-Futures rise ahead of payrolls report
* Non-farm payrolls report due out 8:30 a.m. EDT
* Mylan up on report of Meda AB buy
* Boeing considers Mercury Systems acquisition
* Futures up: Dow 23 pts, S&P 3.5 pts, Nasdaq 10.25 pts
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, April 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures advanced modestly on Friday, putting the S&P 500 on track to hold near its record high, ahead of the monthly payrolls report.
* The employment report for March is due at 8:30 a.m. EDT (1230 GMT). Analysts expect a gain of 200,000 jobs, with the unemployment rate expected to tick down to 6.6 percent from the 6.7 percent in the prior month.
* Investors will look for evidence that recent weather-related weakness in the economy has passed. While recent economic data has shown improvement from earlier this year, when lackluster data was largely discounted due to a harsh winter, they have not shown a marked improvement over last year.
* U.S. stocks slipped in the prior session, as investors turned cautious ahead the jobs report, while a drop in biotech and momentum shares dragged the Nasdaq down nearly 1 percent. Continuación...