US STOCKS-Futures flat, Dow and S&P 500 at record levels
* Dow and S&P 500 coming off record closing highs
* AT&T in talks to buy DirecTV: sources
* April retail sales data on tap, seen rising 0.4 pct
* Futures up: Dow 20 pts, S&P 2.9 pts, Nasdaq 3.75 pts
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, May 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Tuesday as investors found few reasons to keep pushing shares higher following a sharp rally in the previous session that took the Dow and S&P 500 to record closes.
* Gains this year have come on improving signs of domestic growth, though traders continue to worry about the pace of economic expansion as well as tensions between Ukraine and Russia, which many fear could escalate into further violence.
* Insight into the state of the economy will come at 8:30 a.m. EDT (1230 GMT), when April data on both retail sales and import and export prices will be released. Sales are seen rising 0.4 percent in the month, which represents a deceleration from March, while import and export prices are both seen up 0.3 percent.
* Market participants are also watching merger activity. Late Monday, sources told Reuters that AT&T Inc was in active talks to buy DirecTV, and that it may complete a deal in the next few weeks that could be worth close to $50 billion. Shares of DirecTV rose 4.9 percent to $91.44 in premarket trading. Continuación...