US STOCKS-Futures little changed ahead of data; Wal-Mart earnings disappoint
* Wal-Mart profit falls as severe winter deters shoppers
* Data on jobless claims, consumer price index on tap
* Futures: Dow off 12 pts, S&P off 2 pts, Nasdaq up 3 pts
NEW YORK, May 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Thursday ahead of a slew of economic data that could provide a better picture of the health of the economy.
* Wal-Mart Stores Inc reported a 5 percent fall in quarterly profit as severe winter weather hurt comparable sales in the United States. The stock was down 3 percent in premarket trade.
* Kohl's Corp shares fell 2 percent in premarket trade following the company's earnings results.
* At 8:30 a.m. EDT (1230 GMT), consumer price index for April and weekly jobless claims data are due.
* The New York Fed's Empire State and Philadelphia Fed manufacturing surveys are due at 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. EDT, respectively. Industrial production data is due at 9:15 a.m. ET.
* Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen is due to deliver a speech on Thursday evening at a Small Business Administration event in Washington. Continuación...