US STOCKS-Wall St to open flat ahead of new home sales data
* HP gains in premarket after results, job cut plans
* Aeropostale stumbles before the bell after outlook
* New home sales data due
* PTC shares soar on EU backing for muscular dystrophy drug
* Futures up: Dow 5 pts, S&P 1 pt, Nasdaq 5 pts (Updates prices, adds Foot Locker results, PTC)
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, May 23 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were poised to open flat on Friday, ahead of data on the housing market, with the S&P 500 on track to notch its first weekly gain in the past three.
* New home sales data for April is due at 10:00 a.m. (1400 GMT). Expectations call for sales of single-family homes to climb to 425,000 units from the seasonally adjusted annual rate of 384,000 units in the prior month.
* The S&P 500 ended higher for a second session on Thursday, as gains in small-cap stocks help buoy investor confidence, while the Nasdaq climbed on a rally in biotech shares. The benchmark S&P index has climbed in four of the past five trading days and is up 0.8 percent for the week. Continuación...