US STOCKS-Futures inch higher ahead of manufacturing data
* Compuware climbs in premarket; near deal to sell itself
* Exelixis tumbles after cancer drug fails study; to cut jobs
* Dollar General ups Family Dollar bid
* EU to decide on new Russia sanctions by Friday
* Futures up: Dow 18 pts, S&P 1.75 pts, Nasdaq 7 pts
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, Sept 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures advanced on Tuesday, after the S&P 500 closed out its best month since February, ahead of reports on the manufacturing sector.
* Investors will eye the final August reading on the manufacturing sector from financial data firm Markit at 9:45 a.m. (1345 GMT).
* At 10 a.m. (1400 GMT), the Institute for Supply Management's August reading on manufacturing will be released. Expectations call for manufacturing to dip slightly to 56.8 from the 57.1 in July. Also due at 10 a.m. (1400 GMT) is construction spending data for July. Continuación...