US STOCKS-Futures rise ahead of data, Twitter tumbles
* Twitter shares tumble in premarket trading
* Two-day Fed meeting to begin, policy seen steady
* Futures up: Dow 71 pts, S&P 10 pts, Nasdaq 23 pts
NEW YORK, Oct 28 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures rose on Tuesday ahead of data on industrial production, home prices and consumer confidence and as the Federal Reserve prepared to begin a two-day meeting on monetary policy.
* A busy economic schedule includes September data on durable goods at 8:30 a.m. (1230 GMT), S&P/Case-Shiller home prices for August at 9:00 a.m. (1300 GMT) and at 10:00 a.m. (1400 GMT) a gauge of consumer confidence for October.
* The U.S. Federal Reserve begins later on Tuesday a two day meeting, after which it is expected to reinforce expectations it will wait a long while before rising interest rates. The U.S. central bank is all but certain to announce the end of its massive bond-buying stimulus.
* Twitter shares fell 13.1 percent in premarket trading a day after it posted a slide in a closely watched measure of engagement even as its user base grew in the third quarter.
* Receptos Inc shares jumped 33 percent premarket after the company said its experimental ulcerative colitis drug met the main goal in a mid-stage trial.
* U.S.-traded shares of Sanofi dropped 8 percent premarket after the French drugmaker said sales growth at its leading business of diabetes treatments would stall next year. Continuación...