US STOCKS-Futures edge lower after weak IBM results
* IBM shares fall after results, Netflix rallies
* Investors look ahead to ECB meeting
* Crude oil rises but still sharply down for week
* Futures down: Dow 52 pts, S&P 5.25 pts, Nasdaq 8.75 pts
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, Jan 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures edged lower on Wednesday as IBM fell after the company gave a tepid outlook, though other high-profile names like Netflix and UnitedHealth rose on their results.
* Investors were also looking ahead to an upcoming European Central Bank meeting, at which new stimulative measures may be announced.
* The ECB is expected to announce a bond buying program on Thursday to boost the region's flagging economy. Market participants have been looking for more aggressive measures of late to combat the risk of deflation that has grown alongside a drop in oil prices. If the ECB doesn't announce a new program, or announces a smaller one than investors are looking for, that could exacerbate market volatility.
* Crude oil rose 0.7 percent to $46.79 per barrel, partially rebounding off a drop of nearly 5 percent on Tuesday, though it remains near multi-year lows. ExxonMobil Corp rose 0.7 percent to $91.71 before the bell. Continuación...