US STOCKS-Dow, S&P edge up to record highs after Yellen comments
* Fed to consider hikes on "meeting-by-meeting" basis - Yellen
* Home Depot helps lift Dow, S&P after earnings
* S&P/Case-Shiller edges higher in December
* Toll Brothers rises after results
* Indexes: Dow up 0.29 pct, S&P up 0.04 pct, Nasdaq down 0.17 pct (Adds market update, commentary)
By Sinead Carew
NEW YORK, Feb 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks advanced slightly on Tuesday, with the Dow and S&P 500 at intraday records, as investors attempted to interpret testimony by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen.
As investors sought clues on the timing of the Fed's first interest rate increase since 2006, Yellen told a congressional committee it is preparing to consider hikes "on a meeting by meeting basis," in a subtle change of emphasis.
"You see so much conflicting data coming about, between the minutes and public statements that have been made," said Dan Farley, regional investment strategist at U.S. Bank Wealth Management in Minneapolis. Continuación...