US STOCKS-S&P 500, Dow dip with energy; Nasdaq up after deal news
* Initial claims climb in latest week
* CPI posts biggest drop since 2008
* Durable goods orders top expectations
* Salesforce.com climbs after results, outlook
* Indexes: Dow off 0.1 pct, S&P off 0.1 pt, Nasdaq up 0.2 pct (Updates to midday)
By Caroline Valetkevitch
NEW YORK, Feb 26 (Reuters) - The Dow and S&P 500 edged lower at midday on Thursday as energy shares eased back with oil prices, while the Nasdaq advanced after deal news in the technology sector.
Avago Technologies jumped 13 percent to $127.39 as the best performer on both the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 index after the company reached a deal to acquire Emulex for $8 per share. Emulex shares surged 25.8 percent to $8.
Apple shares also edged higher and were last up 0.8 percent at $129.77. Apple sent out an invite for a March 9 event, about one month before the much-anticipated launch of the new Apple Watch. Continuación...