US STOCKS-Futures flat after strong February; data on tap
* Personal income and spending data due
* Manufacturing data expected from Markit, ISM
* NXP Semi to buy Freescale Semi
* Futures up: Dow 16 pts, S&P 1.75 pts, Nasdaq 8.25 pts
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, March 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Monday, after the S&P 500 scored its best monthly performance in more than three years and ahead of data on the consumer and manufacturing sector.
* Personal income and spending data for January is expected at 8:30 a.m. (1330 GMT). Expectations call for spending to decline by 0.1 percent after a 0.3 percent fall in December. Income is forecast to show an increase of 0.4 percent versus the prior 0.3 percent rise.
* Investors will also eye data on the manufacturing sector, with financial data firm Markit final Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index expected at 9:45 a.m. (1445 GMT). The Institute for Supply Management's reading on the manufacturing sector is scheduled for release at 10:00 a.m. (1500 GMT).
* Major Wall Street indexes dipped on Friday, but the Dow Industrials and S&P 500 still managed their biggest monthly gains since October 2011, while the Nasdaq notched its best month since January 2012. The Nasdaq is within striking distance of the 5,000 mark and record highs set in March 2000. Continuación...