US STOCKS-Wall St advances, with Nasdaq hitting 5,000, after data
* Nasdaq briefly tops 5,000 level
* Consumer spending falls for second straight month
* Markit manufacturing hits 4-month high
* ISM hits 13-month low
* NXP Semi to buy Freescale Semi
* Indexes up: Dow 0.61 pct, S&P 0.34 pct, Nasdaq 0.5 pct (Adds data)
By Sinead Carew
NEW YORK, March 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks advanced on Monday, with the Nasdaq nudging above the 5,000 mark for the first time in 15 years, as a round of mixed data pointed to a slowly accelerating economy.
The Nasdaq composite index oscillated around the milestone after hitting it for the first time since March 27, 2000, at the height of the dot.com bubble. Continuación...