US STOCKS-Stocks end stronger as investors look beyond mixed earnings
(Adds detail on Nasdaq high, extended trade, upcoming reports)
* McDonald's up on turnaround talk
* Yum Brands gains on year-end confidence
* Visa, MasterCard rise as China opportunity seen
* Nasdaq 13 points short of record high close
* Indexes close up: Dow 0.49 pct, S&P 0.51 pct, Nasdaq 0.42 pct
By Noel Randewich
April 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended stronger on Wednesday as Visa's potential expansion into China and talk of a turnaround at McDonald's helped investors look beyond a mixed bag of quarterly earnings.
All of the 10 major S&P 500 sectors rose, with the tech index gaining 1.09 percent, propelled by Visa and MasterCard. Continuación...