US STOCKS-Wall St flat, Yellen comments in line with expectations
* Yellen comments leave rate expectations unchanged on Wall Street
* Core inflation highest since January 2013
* Boeing biggest drag on Dow after Bombardier jet report
* Microsoft down after report of Salesforce deal talk
* Indexes: Dow down 0.09 pct, S&P off 0.01 pct, Nasdaq up 0.16 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Noel Randewich
May 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were flat on Friday after Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said it would be appropriate to raise interest rates this year if the economy continues on its current path, in line with broad expectations on Wall Street.
In a speech, Yellen said the economy was well-positioned for growth and that it would take several years to return to normal interest rates.
While the Fed is broadly expected to raise interest rates this year for the first time since 2006, the timing of the hike has kept the market on tenterhooks. Continuación...