UPDATE 4-Visa threatens to ditch FIFA as sponsor dismay mounts
* Visa says disappointment with FIFA is "profound"
* Consumers attack brands on Twitter
* Nike says cooperating with authorities
* Adidas, Coca-Cola Hyundai, McDonald's, Anheuser-Busch concerned
* World Cup seen as too lucrative to ditch (Adds comment, background)
By Anjali Athavaley and Emma Thomasson
NEW YORK/BERLIN, May 28 (Reuters) - Visa Inc has told FIFA it could end its sponsorship if soccer's governing body does not act fast to restore the reputation of the game after senior officials were arrested on corruption charges.
The statement from Visa was the strongest so far as sponsors lined up to express concern about the scandal engulfing the world's most popular sport and their customers took to social media to threaten a boycott of brands associated with FIFA.
Sponsors are trying to balance the growing sensitivity of consumers to corruption, human rights abuses and environmental issues against their relationship with the organisation that holds the keys to a billion soccer fans worldwide. Continuación...