US STOCKS-Wall St ends down after weak economic data but gains in May
* GDP revised to show economy contracted in Q1
* Consumer sentiment, PMI fall in May
* Humana hits record on takeover interest
* Altera rises on report of Intel interest
* Indexes down: Dow 0.6 pct, S&P 0.6 pct, Nasdaq 0.6 pct (Updates to close)
By Caroline Valetkevitch
May 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks closed lower on Friday as data showed the economy contracted in the first quarter but indexes still posted gains for the month.
Transportation shares also weighed on the market, extending recent losses. The Dow Jones transportation average fell 0.8 percent, putting it just shy of correction territory, almost 10 percent below its 2014 high.
Data showed the U.S. economy contracted at a 0.7 percent annual rate in the quarter, a sharp turnaround from the earlier estimate of growth of 0.2 percent. Continuación...