US STOCKS-Wall St loses ground as investors eye September rate hike
* Nasdaq, S&P 500 touch lowest level in a month
* Apple down; biggest drag on Nasdaq, S&P
* Wall St banks expect Fed rate hike in September
* Airline stocks fall on comments from Qatar Airways
* Indexes down: Dow 0.33 pct, S&P 0.50 pct, Nasdaq 0.94 pct (Updates to mid-afternoon)
By Noel Randewich
June 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell on Monday afternoon, with the Nasdaq down 1 percent, as investors mulled the prospect of the Federal Reserve raising interest rates as early as September.
The declines followed three straight weeks of losses, with the Dow and S&P touching their lowest in a month.
Stronger-than-expected jobs data released on Friday for May was the latest sign of improved momentum in the economy, prompting expectations of a Fed rate hike sooner than some expected. Continuación...