REFILE-US STOCKS-Wall St ends higher but energy stocks fall and Greece hopes waver
(Refiles to correct typo in headline to waver, not waiver)
* U.S. private sector adds most jobs since December
* Europe holds cap on Greek lifeline, waits for referendum
* Greece says could potentially accept strict terms
* Energy stocks down as oil has biggest drop since April
* Indexes up: Dow 0.79 pct, S&P 0.69 pct, Nasdaq 0.53 pct
By Sinead Carew
July 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks closed higher on Wednesday but were down from earlier highs as energy stocks declined and Greece's debt crisis showed no clear signs of resolution.
The benchmark S&P 500's energy sector was dragged down by the biggest slide in oil prices since April after traders were surprised by a report that showed U.S. crude stockpiles rose for the first time in more than two months. Continuación...