US STOCKS-China relief fuels Wall St gains; Apple drops
* Chinese regulator restricts sale of shares
* Cautious optimism on Greece
* Shares of Apple down for five straight sessions
* Coty falls after agreeing to buy P&G's beauty business
* Indexes close higher: Dow 0.19 pct, S&P 0.23 pct, Nasdaq 0.26 pct (Updates to afternoon trade, adds comment, detail on Apple)
By Noel Randewich
July 9 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks closed higher on Thursday after Wall Street found relief in Beijing's efforts to halt a rout in Chinese stocks, which lifted markets around the world.
Shares of Apple bucked the market and logged their first five-day losing streak since January as investors worried that consumers in China might have less money to spend on iPhones.
Wall Street had fallen sharply in the previous session as market turmoil in China, a rout in commodity prices, the Greek debt crisis and a major outage on the New York Stock Exchange spooked investors. Continuación...