US STOCKS-Wall St drops as China stock slump stokes growth fears
* Chinese shares drop the most in eight years
* Oil prices, commodities lower following China equity selloff
* Dow hits lowest level since February
* Teva, Allergan jump after $40.5 bln deal
* Indexes end down: Dow 0.72 pct, S&P 0.57 pct, Nasdaq 0.96 pct (Updates to late close, adds detail)
By Noel Randewich
July 27 (Reuters) - Wall Street sank on Monday, with the Nasdaq losing almost 1 percent after the steepest decline in Chinese stocks in eight years increased concerns that cooling growth in the world's No. 2 economy could hurt China's trading partners.
The Dow Jones industrial average finished at its lowest since February, the Nasdaq Composite hit a four-week low and the benchmark S&P 500 ended at its lowest in over two weeks.
In an additional negative sign, 480 stocks hit 52-week lows on the New York Stock Exchange, the most in one day since Oct. 15. Continuación...