US STOCKS-Wall St drops as China stock slump stokes growth fears
* Chinese shares drop the most in eight years
* Oil prices, commodities fall after China equity selloff
* Dow hits lowest level since February
* Teva and Allergan jump after $40.5 bln deal
* Indexes end down: Dow 0.73 pct, S&P 0.58 pct, Nasdaq 0.96 pct (Adds detail on volume, S&P performance)
By Noel Randewich
July 27 (Reuters) - Wall Street sank on Monday, with the Nasdaq losing almost 1 percent after the steepest decline in Chinese stocks in eight years increased concerns that cooling growth in the world's No. 2 economy could hurt China's trading partners.
The Dow Jones industrial average finished at its lowest level since February, and the S&P 500 chalked up a five-session losing streak for the first time since January.
In addition, 480 stocks hit 52-week lows on the New York Stock Exchange, the most in one day since Oct. 15. Continuación...