US STOCKS-Wall Street ends flat; Expedia flies after the bell
* U.S. economic growth picked up in second quarter
* Facebook, Whole Foods fall after results
* Expedia, Amgen jump in extended trade
* U.S. quarterly earnings over halfway through
* At close: Dow down 0.03 pct, S&P flat, Nasdaq up 0.33 pct (Updates with stock moves after the bell)
By Noel Randewich
July 30 (Reuters) - Wall Street ended flat on Thursday as investors digested ho-hum corporate earnings and new data showed that the economy grew more quickly in the second quarter.
Procter & Gamble, Facebook and Whole Foods Market all fell after quarterly reports that left investors wanting more.
U.S. economic growth accelerated in the June quarter as solid consumer spending offset a drag from weak business spending on equipment, suggesting steady momentum that could bring the Federal Reserve closer to hiking interest rates this year. Continuación...