GLOBAL ECONOMY-U.S. and euro zone business improves, Asia a concern
* Global manufacturing and service activity steady in August
* U.S. Aug service sector PMI at highest since May
* Euro zone August composite PMI at four-year high
* Japan service sector expands at fastest in two years
* Services PMI momentum: link.reuters.com/vut72w
* European PMIs: link.reuters.com/suw32w
By Jonathan Cable and Clive McKeef
LONDON/NEW YORK, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Global manufacturing and service sector activity expanded in August at the same pace as in July, with both the U.S. and euro zone doing better than Asia, according to purchasing manager surveys.
"Scratching beneath the headline numbers, however, reveals an ongoing disparity between the relatively strong performance of the developed nations whereas growth in the emerging markets is quite weak," said David Hensley, a director at JPMorgan. Continuación...