US STOCKS-Wall St edges higher late as sentiment data, GE boost
* Consumer sentiment data better-than-expected
* GE rises after Q3 results
* Grainger, Honeywell fall after results
* Sept industrial production in line with view
* Twitter rises after Ballmer discloses 4 pct stake
* Dow up 0.2 pct, S&P up 0.3 pct, Nasdaq up 0.1 pct (Updates to late afternoon)
By Caroline Valetkevitch
Oct 16 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged up in late afternoon trading Friday, helped by upbeat consumer sentiment data and gains in General Electric, putting the S&P 500 on track for a third week of gains.
GE's shares rose 3.9 percent to $29.10 - their highest since the financial crisis - after reporting better-than-expected earnings. The stock gave the S&P 500 and Dow their biggest boosts. Continuación...