US STOCKS-Wall St near flat; energy shares weigh while tech helps
* Morgan Stanley leads weak results on Monday
* Exxon, Chevron drag down S&P 500, Dow
* Weight Watchers soars after Oprah takes stake
* China Q3 GDP data weighs on commodities
* Dow up 0.1 pct, S&P up 0.03 pct, Nasdaq up 0.4 pct (Updates close with IBM, Rambus down after the bell, the latest volume)
By Caroline Valetkevitch
Oct 19 (Reuters) - Advances in top tech and biotech names helped U.S. stocks to end with slight gains on Monday, while caution at the start of a heavy week of earnings kept a lid on the market.
The Dow and S&P 500 pared losses late in the session while the Nasdaq added to gains. Nike, up 2.1 percent, helped the Dow, while gains in Apple and Intel supported all three major indexes.
Intel was up 1.7 percent at $33.59, while Apple was up 0.6 percent at $111.73. After the bell, shares of IBM dropped 4.9 percent to $141.94, while Rambus fell 10.2 percent to $12.48, each following results. Continuación...