US STOCKS-Dow, S&P 500 inch down with Apple, energy stocks
* Fed meeting, more earnings reports awaited
* Apple biggest drag on indexes
* Exxon, Chevron fall as crude prices slip
* Pep Boys up after agreeing to be bought by Bridgestone
* Dow down 0.1 pct, S&P down 0.2 pct, Nasdaq up 0.1 pct (Updates to late afternoon)
By Caroline Valetkevitch
Oct 26 (Reuters) - The Dow and the S&P 500 edged lower on Monday after recent gains as energy shares fell with oil prices and Apple retreated a day before its quarterly results.
Apple was down 3.2 percent at $115.22, making it the biggest drag on the three major indexes, after a weak outlook from one of its suppliers, Dialog Semiconductor .
The iPhone maker reports quarterly results after the market closes on Tuesday. An index of semiconductors was down 1.8 percent. Continuación...