US STOCKS-Dow, S&P 500 end down slightly as Apple, energy weigh
* Fed meeting, more earnings reports awaited
* Apple biggest drag on indexes
* Exxon, Chevron fall as crude prices slip
* Pep Boys up after agreeing to be bought by Bridgestone
* Dow down 0.1 pct, S&P down 0.2 pct, Nasdaq up 0.1 pct (Updates close with Hartford Financial down after the bell)
By Caroline Valetkevitch
Oct 26 (Reuters) - The Dow and the S&P 500 edged lower on Monday as energy shares dropped with oil prices and Apple retreated a day before its quarterly results.
Investors were cautious ahead of the Federal Reserve's two-day policy meeting, which begins on Tuesday. The market is looking for clues on the outlook for when the Fed may begin raising interest rates.
Apple shares fell 3.2 percent to $115.28, making it the biggest drag on all three major indexes, while a weak outlook from one of its suppliers, Dialog Semiconductor , led a fall in other semiconductors. An index of semiconductors was down 2 percent after three days of gains. Continuación...