US STOCKS-Stocks inch lower, still track to best month in 4 years
* Exxon, Chevron rise after results
* LinkedIn, AbbVie soar after results
* KeyCorp down after agreeing to buy First Niagara
* Consumer spending barely rose in September
* Indexes down: Dow 0.05 pct, S&P 0.04 pct, Nasdaq 0.09 pct (Updates to late afternoon)
By Lewis Krauskopf
Oct 30 (Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes edged lower on Friday as investors sorted through mixed earnings reports, but were still poised to finish with their best monthly performances in four years.
The S&P 500 energy index was the best performing sector, rising 1.5 percent, after better-than-expected results from Exxon and Chevron, each up nearly 2 percent.
Shares of drugmaker AbbVie jumped 12.1 percent to $60.62, the biggest positive driver for the S&P 500 index, after posting better-than-expected quarterly profit and a strong long-term outlook. Continuación...