US STOCKS-Wall St loses ground as commods weigh; rate hike in focus
* Commodity prices weigh on materials, energy shares
* Fed's Dudley says conditions ripe for rate hike
* Kohl's quarterly results leads rally in retailers
* PayPal hit by WSJ report on rival service by Apple
* Indexes down: Dow 1.11 pct, S&P 0.95 pct, Nasdaq 0.70 pct (Updates to afternoon)
By Noel Randewich
Nov 12 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks dropped on Thursday as cheaper commodities weighed on energy and materials stocks and comments by a Federal Reserve policymaker hinted at an interest-rate hike next month.
The rout hit all 10 major S&P sectors and pushed the Dow and S&P 500 below their 200-day moving averages.
Investors are keeping a watchful eye on whether the Fed in December will raise interest rates for the first time in nearly a decade, as is widely expected after recent strong jobs data. Continuación...