US STOCKS-Wall St on track for worst day since September
* Commodity prices weigh on materials, energy shares
* Fed's Dudley says conditions ripe for interest rate rise
* Kohl's earnings lead rally in retailers
* PayPal hit by WSJ report on rival service by Apple
* Indexes down: Dow 1.18 pct, S&P 1.07 pct, Nasdaq 0.87 pct (Updates to late afternoon)
By Noel Randewich
Nov 12 (Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes were on track for their steepest fall in over a month on Thursday as lower commodity prices weighed on energy and materials stocks and comments by a Federal Reserve policymaker hinted at an interest-rate rise next month.
The rout hit all 10 major S&P sectors and pushed the Dow and S&P 500 below their 200-day moving averages.
Investors are keeping a watchful eye on whether the Fed in December will raise rates for the first time in nearly a decade, as is widely expected after recent strong jobs data. Continuación...