US STOCKS-Wall St suffers biggest drop since September
* Commodity prices weigh on materials, energy shares
* Fed's Dudley says conditions ripe for interest rate rise
* Kohl's earnings lead rally in retailers
* PayPal hit by WSJ report on rival service by Apple
* Indexes end down: Dow 1.44 pct, S&P 1.40 pct, Nasdaq 1.22 pct (Updates to close)
By Noel Randewich
Nov 12 (Reuters) - Wall Street suffered its worst session in over a month on Thursday as lower commodity prices weighed on energy and materials stocks and comments by a Federal Reserve policymaker hinted at an approaching interest-rate hike.
The rout hit all 10 major S&P sectors and pushed the Dow and S&P 500 below their 200-day moving averages, which some traders believe portends additional declines.
Investors are keeping a watchful eye on whether the Fed in December will raise rates for the first time in nearly a decade, as is widely expected after recent strong jobs data. Continuación...