US STOCKS-Apple and Amazon deliver rally on Wall Street
* Apple biggest boost to S&P 500, Nasdaq
* Amazon up after strong holiday results
* Pep Boys up after board finds Icahn's proposal superior
* Recovery in crude prices helps energy shares
* Indexes up: Dow 1.10 pct, S&P 1.06 pct, Nasdaq 1.33 pct (Updates to close)
By Noel Randewich
Dec 29 (Reuters) - Wall Street rose sharply on Tuesday, elevating the S&P 500 to a modest gain for the year as Amazon and Apple led tech stocks higher.
All 10 major S&P sectors ended with gains, led by a 1.34-percent rise in the technology sector, its strongest performance since the start of the month.
Following a recent selloff over concerns about potentially soft iPhone sales, Apple jumped 1.80 percent and was the biggest influence on the S&P 500 and Nasdaq. Continuación...