US STOCKS-Apple drags Wall St lower as S&P 500 clings to gain for 2015
* Exxon, Chevron slide as crude gives up gains
* Apple drag on all three indexes, other tech leaders dip
* Pep Boys down; Bridgestone pulls out and Icahn agrees to buy
* S&P 500 clings to meager gain for year
* Indexes down: Dow 0.25 pct, S&P 0.31 pct, Nasdaq 0.38 pct (Updates to afternoon)
By Noel Randewich
Dec 30 (Reuters) - Wall Street fell on Wednesday as Brent crude slid towards 11-year lows and Apple weighed on the S&P 500 index, which clung to a meager gain for 2015.
The S&P energy sector was the poorest performer among the 10 major sectors, down 1.16 percent after forecasts of a short winter in North America and Europe piled pressure on the oversupplied commodity.
Shares of Exxon lost 1.28 percent while Chevron dipped 1.14 percent. Continuación...