US STOCKS-Wall St edges lower as limp data discounted
* Cisco falls after results, outlook
* Comcast to buy Time Warner
* Whole Foods drops after cutting forecast
* Initial claims rise, retail sales fall
* Indexes: Dow off 0.24 pct, S&P off 0.12 pct, Nasdaq up 0.12 pct
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, Feb 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged lower on Thursday, as investors discounted weaker-than-expected data on consumer spending and the labor market, but a disappointing outlook by Cisco Systems weighed on each of the major indexes.
Cisco fell 4.5 percent to $21.85 as one of the top drags on all three major U.S. indexes after the network-gear maker forecast a drop of 6 to 8 percent in revenue in the current quarter.
Indexes managed to recover from initial lows and pull to near the unchanged mark as investors looked past soft data on the consumer and labor market due to harsh weather conditions. Continuación...