US STOCKS-Futures dip with global concerns in view, Tesla soars
* Tesla soars in premarket following strong outlook
* Facebook to buy WhatsApp for $19 bln, shares fall
* Data from China weak, Ukraine turmoil continues
* Futures down: Dow 11 pts, S&P 1.1 pt, Nasdaq 7.5 pts
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, Feb 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures edged lower on Thursday as global geopolitical and economic uncertainty gave investors few reasons to buy despite a sharp selloff in the previous session.
* Some of Wall Street's biggest trading favorites will be in focus on Thursday, a day after Facebook Inc announced a massive acquisition and Tesla Motors gave a strong earnings outlook.
* Turmoil in emerging markets continued to be in focus, with Ukraine experiencing some of its worst violence since the end of the Cold War. The country's hryvnia currency dropped to near five-year lows while the country's state debt insurance costs rose to their highest since December 2009.
* Emerging market growth was also in view after China's flash Markit/HSBC Purchasing Managers' Index fell to a seven-month low in February, falling under the level that represents expansion. Continuación...