US STOCKS-Futures dip with global concerns in view; Tesla soars
* Tesla soars in premarket after results, Wal-Mart falls
* Facebook to buy WhatsApp for $19 bln, shares fall
* Data from China weak, Ukraine turmoil continues
* Futures down: Dow 38 pts, S&P 3 pts, Nasdaq 14 pts
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, Feb 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures fell on Thursday, pressured by weak results from Wal-Mart as well as global geopolitical and economic uncertainty that gave investors few reasons to buy despite a sharp selloff in the previous session.
* Some of Wall Street's biggest trading favorites will be in focus on Thursday, with Facebook Inc announcing a massive acquisition and Tesla Motors giving a strong earnings outlook.
* Turmoil in emerging markets continued, with Ukraine experiencing some of its worst violence since the end of the Cold War. The country's hryvnia currency dropped to near five-year lows, while the country's state debt insurance costs rose to their highest since December 2009.
* Emerging market growth was also in view after China's flash Markit/HSBC Purchasing Managers' Index fell to a seven-month low in February, falling under the level that represents expansion. Continuación...