US STOCKS-Wall St dips after rally; biotechs drag Nasdaq
* Initial claims drop more than expected
* Import prices jump, but broad inflation remains muted
* Bed, Bath & Beyond slumps after earnings
* eBay falls after ending proxy fight with Icahn
* Indexes off: Dow 0.17 pct, S&P 0.37 pct, Nasdaq 1.13 pct (Updates to open, adds quote)
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, April 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks dipped on Thursday, with the Nasdaq underperforming other major indexes, as investors once again rotated into defensive names and sold momentum-driven stocks.
Biotech and large technology stocks, some of the biggest gainers in 2013, slumped on Thursday. Both the Nasdaq biotechnology index and the NYSEArca biotech index lost more than 2 percent. The S&P technology sector shed 0.5 percent as one of the worst-performing S&P sectors.
Google Inc, which was down 2.5 percent at $553, and Biogen Idec Inc, down 3.7 percent at $289.50, were among the biggest drags on the S&P 500. Continuación...