UPDATE 1-US STOCKS-Wall St dips after rally; biotechs drag Nasdaq
* Initial claims drop more than expected
* Import prices jump, but broad inflation remains muted
* Bed, Bath & Beyond slumps after earnings
* eBay falls after ending proxy fight with Icahn
* Indexes off: Dow 0.72 pct, S&P 1.14 pct, Nasdaq 2.19 pct (Adds context, updates prices)
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, April 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks dipped on Thursday, with the Nasdaq underperforming other major indexes, as investors once again sold high-flying tech and biotech shares and bought defensive sectors.
Biotech and large technology stocks, some of the biggest gainers in 2013, slumped on Thursday. Both the Nasdaq biotechnology index and the NYSEArca biotech index lost more than 3 percent. The S&P technology sector shed 1.2 percent as one of the worst-performing S&P sectors.
Google Inc, which was down 2.8 percent at $548.62, and Biogen Idec Inc, down 2.9 percent at $292, were among the biggest drags on the S&P 500. Continuación...