US STOCKS-Wall St to open little changed on mixed earnings
* Jobless claims rise less than expected in latest week
* Google, IBM shares fall a day after posting earnings
* Morgan Stanley shares rally after results
* Futures up: Dow 15 pts, S&P 3 pts, Nasdaq up 12 pts (Recasts, updates prices)
By Rodrigo Campos
NEW YORK, April 17 (Reuters) - Wall Street was set to open little changed Thursday, following three days of gains, as underwhelming results from tech giants Google and IBM were offset by upbeat quarterly numbers from the likes of Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and General Electric.
* Supporting equities, the number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits rose less than expected last week and remained near its pre-recession levels, offering further evidence of the economy's underlying strength.
* Google shares fell 2 percent in premarket trading and IBM lost 4.3 percent after both reported underwhelming earnings late Wednesday. Their results raised questions about those of other tech-sector companies.
* Shares of Morgan Stanley, however, rose 3 percent after it reported a rise in first-quarter earnings, while Goldman Sachs shares gained 2.3 percent after the bank reported an 11 percent drop in profits but beat expectations. Continuación...