US STOCKS-Futures edge up as investors await earnings onslaught
* S&P 500 coming off biggest weekly percentage gain since July
* Earnings seen driving trading, dozens of names report this week
* Results from Netflix expected after the market close
* Futures up: Dow 22 pts, S&P 2.7 pts, Nasdaq 10 pts
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, April 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were very slightly higher on Monday as investors found few reasons to keep buying following a strong rally last week and ahead of a heavy week of corporate earnings releases.
* The S&P 500 had its best week since July last week, boosted by strong results from such names as General Electric Co and Morgan Stanley. However, thus far the earnings season has been mixed, with technology names like Google Inc and IBM struggling to impress investors.
* With less than one-fifth of S&P 500 companies having reported results so far, about 63 percent have topped earnings expectations, according to Thomson Reuters data, exceeding the 56 percent average over the past four quarters. About 52 percent have beaten revenue forecasts, about even with the 54 percent average over the past four quarters.
* Hasbro Inc reported adjusted first-quarter earnings that topped forecasts, though revenue was below expectations. SunTrust Banks Inc also reported results early Monday. Continuación...