US STOCKS-Futures point to flat open despite some strong earnings
* S&P 500, Nasdaq coming off five-day advances
* Netflix jumps, results show strong subscriber growth
* Travelers and United Tech profits top expectations
* Futures up: Dow 6 pts, S&P 0.7 pt, Nasdaq 2.25 pts (Adds McDonald's results)
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, April 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures pointed to a flat open on Tuesday as investors found few reasons to keep buying after a five-day rally in the S&P 500, despite strong results from a number of bellwether names.
* Netflix Inc surged 7.8 percent to $375.74 in premarket trading a day after results showed strong subscriber growth, a sign that the trading favorite still had room to grow despite concerns over its elevated valuation.
* Dow components Travelers Cos Inc and United Technologies Corp both reported first-quarter earnings that beat expectations, and United Tech raised the low end of its full-year profit outlook. Shares of Travelers rose 0.4 percent to $86.75 before the bell.
* The three were the latest prominent names to top forecasts, continuing a trend that last week helped lift the S&P 500 to its best week since July. McDonald's Corp reported earnings that fell alongside a drop in U.S. same-store sales, though the Dow component rose 0.9 percent to $100.60 before the bell. Continuación...